Sunday 30 August 2015

Translation Website



Translation Website and their Translator

There are many websites where translators and editor teamed up to load up the light novel that they had translated. Some Translator load up their work in two website like goodguyperson put his Battle Through The Heavens in Wuxia World and Gravity Translation. Though some translator translate the novel their own with their own Website orblog. The few website I know are:


  • Wuxia World
  • Gravity Translation
  • Yellowlaw Translation
  • Tototranslation
  • Binggo&Corp Translations
  • Blue Silver Translation



Wuxia World

The translator working in this website are:

RWX: RWX is a lover of Wuxia, aka Chinese martial arts fiction (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is an example of ‘Wuxia’). It was the love of Wuxia which propelled RWX to study and improve his Chinese, and he credits it with many positive influences in his life. The name RWX comes from the character Ren Woxing, from a novel by popular Chinese wuxia writer Jinyong. Although the first book which Wuxiaworld is currently translating is 盘龙, a ‘Xianxia’ type novel (aka a novel that blends Daoist magic with martial arts), in the long run, he is sure that he will translate more stories of either Wuxia or Xianxia!
RWX is currently working on: Coiling Dragon (盘龙).


Flowerbridgetoo: After watching various anime series, FBT started to find continuations of the stories in mangas and novels. Starting from the light novel Spice & Wolf, he stumbled upon Baka-Tsuki and discovered Chinese web novels. From there, he discovered Chinese web novel translations such as Coiling Dragon and Zhan Long, and was inspired to translate as well, so that is how he is here now!
FBT is currently working on: Martial God Asura (修罗武神).


alyschu: Coming soon!
alyschu and her team is currently working on: Against the Gods (逆天邪神)


Deathblade: Deathblade was born and raised in San Diego, California. Growing up, he was always interested in Asian culture and of course, kung fu movies. In the year 2000, the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon came out, and that was the first wuxia movie he ever saw. It really sparked his interest in Chinese culture, and in wuxia, so he went online looking for wuxia books to read and found SPCNET.TV and other translation sites. He picked the screen name “Deathblade” because that was his StarCraft BattleNet handle at the time. In 2009, Deathblade started studying Mandarin, and then actually moved to China and has been there ever since. He has translated several wuxia novels; 7 Killers, Heroes Shed No Tears, and Kung Fu.
Deathblade (with the help of Mrs. Deathblade) is currently working on: I Shall Seal the Heavens(我欲封天).


Xiao Lai: Xiao Lai was born in Miami, Florida, the land of crocodiles and swamp people, and is fairly certain he is one of the latter. From a young age Chinese culture was an influence on his life, born from terribly dubbed kung fu movies – an origin story many of you undoubtedly share. He’s lived in China for ten years, married an incredible Chinese woman and has since graduated from medical school with a degree in Acupuncture and TuiNa massage. All of his classes were entirely in Chinese. His name, Xiao Lai, is a condensed version of his real Chinese name. Roughly translated, it means Little Reliable, or Little Bastard (largely depending on who you ask – which elicits no end of cackling laughter when I’m introduced as Doctor Lai.).
Xiao Lai is currently working on: Skyfire Avenue (天火大道).


goodguyperson: a “Chinese-American” that lived in China for three years and thus his Chinese is better than the average Joe’s. Back in China, he mostly read “trusted” authors such as Jin Yong and Gu Long. He also liked to read history books – especially those that described strategies and legacies of great generals. Late in 2014, after a bit of reading Manga and playing League of Legends, he was quite bored and clicked on a Legendary Moonlight Sculptor link, then kept reading light novel after light novel until he stumbled upon (VMMORPG webnovel) Zhan Long on a reddit post by Helloshorty. Afterwards, when Helloshorty began to fall from schoolwork, GGP decided to pick up the novel and thus gravitytales.com was born!  GGP and his team continues to work on Zhan Long at gravitytales.com, but eventually picked up BTTH as well, which he is doing here!
GGP and his team are currently working on: Battle Through the Heavens (斗破苍穹).




Gravity Translation


Translator:

  • Ciel : Currently translating Zhan Long 
  • Goodguyperson: Translating Battle Through The Heavans
  • Anne: Hardcore procrastinator who absolutely loves cats, playing games, eating, and can’t understand why some people hate reading. Did I mention I love to eat?
  • Deception/Leo: Just your casual milk tea loving Californian.
  • SoloNeko/Yohanna: Been crazy about manga all my life, then anime, then dramas, and now light novels! Pretty much living in my own world of magic and OP characters. Hates exercising but loves food :/ Loves cats too! Nice to meet you all~
  • Tengeh: Just started translating, know abit of chinese, but can barely read, so i use google translate to listen to it, then the english to help me out :D! Please point out any mistakes you see in my translations. Thanks.
  • Lnfan030813/Manuel: A poor, sad yet adorable man who found his joyous sanctuary within the embrace of Light and Web Novels. Loves Ark, LMS, TNYN, ZL, CD, ST, Zectas and Bathrobe Knight. Also One Piece and One Punch Man
  • Khanh//khh Mart: Mhm I like to read and I wear glasses? xD Well, I love mangas and novels and now I’m here :)
  • 33naelurec: moo. That is all. For now. I think. Unless I have more to say about my life. I supposed I could talk about my life goals. Should I though? Na maybe later. Catch me on chat and I might. Who knows. moo. If anyone plays PaD, my ID is 309846365.
  • L3D: Speaks and writes average chinese, might be a bit slow but please forgive me… I er…idk i’m always tired. Interests are The Matrix, Constantine, Guthrie Govan, Hello sleepwalkers, Die Antwoord, Tricot, Isaac Asimov. Just giving back to a community i’ve taken so much from
  • Yeow: I Broke the Sky
  • Demenious: I’m not a fan of looking at thousands of words (they burn my eyes) but I’m starting to enjoy translating. I’m proficient in Chinese, you can ask me just about anything. On the other hand, my English is so very the so-so, please don’t laugh at my funny sentences!
  • rKLegend: Marathoned and caught up with most of the popular LN/web novels within the past two months. Couldn’t wait for new updates so i was like: Hey, maybe if i can help translate some of these, i could read some of the group’s unpublished chapters :^). But uhh trying to improve some chinese skills actually.
  • Nomyummi

Editors:

  • Noah/Boxedin: Enjoys reading. Also like pizza-^ Food is very nice. Also pandas and cats.
  • Sachin/Sac: Same as almost everyone here- Games, Anime, Manga, light novel and Dramas. i spend half my day with games and the rest with anime and the other things. well the only thing different is i have been writing couple of fanfic in one of those amateur writing sites(royalroadl). cant particularly point out my fav in any of the categories i mentioned. but i recommend you guys watch the drama Ataru, well i found it awesome and hope you would like too. currently unemployed but soon to be employed. Till then will stick around and edit as much as possible, cause the job i am gonna get will probably leave me half dead. right now waiting for GTA 5!
  • Algaivia / Lord Pants: I love Ln’s, mangas, animes and games. Fighting or adventure prefered, i won’t be able to help that much but i will try to give a help on every chapter :)
  • Sad Horse/Paul: I like reading, video games, and food. I mentally fix things while I read anyways, so I figured I might as well get paid for it. Wait, what’s that?…….
  • buniquename/mrbaconator: My life consists of usually going to college, coming home, and hopping on the internet. I love reading manga, LNs, and pretty much whatever. I also enjoy editing the LNs Gravity currently works on.
  • TaffyGirl13: Pretty much always on the Gravity chat :D I’m following most of the major LN/WN series, and I enjoy editing more than translating xD. I’m also translating CCM so you can ask me questions about that :)
  • HighJayster/Austin: I go to school at UW-Stout, lately i’ve been kinda busy so the only thing i’ve actively kept up with is ZL, i used to translate some Japanese LN’s but im pretty out of practice with it. I also enjoy rock climbing and i’ve played baseball for about 9 years and tennis another 4.
  • Comfortabull: Super Otaku extraordinaire! I watch a LOT of anime. How much is a lot you say? Well I’ve seen approximately 9-10% of ALL anime. Doesn’t sound like much does it? Google how many anime series there are then see if it still seems like a small amount! I’ve recently started shifting more towards the light novel scene now that it is getting harder to please my tastes with most of the newer anime that get released. I am the newest editor to join the team, and hope for the best going forward!

P/S: These are only a few of them, if you want to know more of others visit this website



Blue Silver Translation


  • Bagelson is currently translating Douluo Dalu.
  • This project evolved from the one man project Bagelson Translation, after being joined by others to form Blue Silver Translations. This blog is an extension for republishing the translations, the primary point of contact will always be the Google Drive folder where it started.





Yellowlaw Translation

  • Currently Wu Dong Qian Kun is translated by chaossojer and the team.

.

Tototranslation

  • Totokk is from France so he is fluent in French, relative good in both English and Chinese, also learn a correct level of German, Spanish, Japanese and a beginner level of Korean. He mainly focus on Chinese-English now but who knows what the future might bring us.

Binggo&Corp Translations

  • Binggodude attempts to translate  Mao Ni's work which include Ze Tian Ji and Jiang Ye.


No comments:

Post a Comment